Sorry, sorry, sorry… I’m a little late with posting this months challenge, but as you might have guessed from the previous post I was juggling too many ideas and couldn’t decide which one would be best for April. Thanks for everyone’s great suggestions here, on facebook and on twitter! I’m pretty sure I’ve stocked up on ideas for the rest of the year at least..
A couple of the suggestions need a little more research on my side and because it is already April 8th, I figured I better give you this months theme now or you’ll run out of time to create a dish that fits the theme.
The theme is an obvious one for the month of April; Spring…. What better way to celebrate the start of one of my favorite seasons (I have four favorite seasons.. haha) then to think of a dish that signals the beginning of Spring for you. Is it something with asparagus? Is it something with the first of the fresh fruits or maybe you go wild over a beautiful Spring table setting that you want to share? Whatever takes your fancy…. As long as it breathes Spring! For me one of my favorite colors in this season is yellow. Yellow and the green color that only Spring can bring. Not that we have seen any, as it is still too dry outside, but rain is coming tomorrow or so I’ve been told and I think it is much needed!
Leaving you with the rules for this month and I’d say; HAVE FUN!
THEME FOR THE MONTH OF APRIL; SPRING
- Create a setting and/or recipe that makes you feel like Spring. It can be a spring ingredient or it can be a spring setting, whatever makes you feel happy.
- Use whatever props you have at your disposal
- Pick whatever recipe you think will work with this theme as long as it makes you feel of spring
- Post before the deadline of April 30th.
- Enter your link through the Linky Tool shown below and make sure to link back to this post in your blog entry. Also make sure you pick the photo in the Linky Tools that is your favorite!
- If you do not have a blog you can still enter your photo for the challenge, as long as you make sure we can view your photo online somewhere
- Once you have entered please send me an email at
Junglefrog with the name of your blog, your own name, the link to your post and your entry photo in the size of 500 px wide max.
- Entries must be made specifically for this challenge
As always; the judging panel consists of the below three lovely ladies who will use their wise judgement in deciding this months winner. The winning image will be shown beginning of May, most likely before May 3rd… But no promises!
Meeta from What’s for lunch Honey
Jenn from Jenncuisine
Kay from kayotickitchen
O and there will be some pretty exciting news pretty soon! Check here again on April the 17th!!